The Golden Book of Frankfurt am Main

AltFrankfurt.com
    

Search
Suche

Home

Site Map

 

Dom
Cathedral

Römer
Town Hall

Römerberg

Altstadt
Old City

Altstadt 2
Old City

Altstadt 3
Old City

Der Main
The River

Stadtteile
City Districts

 

Kirchen
Churches

Stadttürme
City Towers

 

 Goethehaus
Goethe's House

Kaiserkrönung
Coronation

Im Wandel der Zeiten 
Through the Ages

Das Goldene Buch
The Golden Book

 

Zeppelin!

Bahn
Rail

 

The Ruins of War
Kriegsruinen

 

Verschiedenes
Miscellaneous

 Stimmung
Music

Weihnachten
Christmas

Old Pages

Email
NorbiEtOrbi
Steve

 

Visitors/Besucher

Hit Counter

Frankfurt am Main
Nürnberger Hof
Nuremberg Court
Views of the Old City of Frankfurt am Main before the Wars
Ansichten der Altstadt von Frankfurt am Main.

Nuernberger Hof 0 Nuernberger Hof from the Laemmchen (in color) 0
South entrance of the Nuernberg Court
Südeingang des Nürnberger Hofes
1910

South entrance and gate of the Nuernberg Court.  The court originally belonged to the patrician family of Glauburg.  At the beginning of the 16th century, it came under the ownership of Jakob Heller, who donated the Heller Altar by Dürer.  Already at the beginning of the 15th Century, this court served Nuernberg merchants as their quarters during the fairs.  This picture above shows the the south entrance from the lane "Behind the Little Lamb".  The picture below, left, shows the actual entrance tot he court with the crests of the Glauburg family as well as those of the cities of Frankfurt and Nuernberg.  The court was joined and extended to the Schnurgasse  with the Schmidthof (Smith Court) since 1485.  Since 1905, the gate opened onto the Braubachstrasse, the construction of which necessitatd razing the main buildings of the Nuernberg Court.

Südeingang und Toreinfahrt des Nürnberger Hofes. Der Nürnberger Hof gehörte ursprünglich der Patrizierfamilie von Glauburg. Am Anfang des 16. Jh. war sein Besitzer Jakob Heller, Stifter des Dürerschen Helleraltars. Schon zu Beginn des 15. Jh. diente er regelmäßig den Nürnberger Kaufleuten als Messequartier. Das Bild zeigt den südlichen Eingang von der Gasse Hinter dem Lämmchen, Das Bild unten links zeigt die Toreinfahrt des eigentlichen Hofes mit Wappen der Familie Glauburg und der Städte Frankfurt und Nürnberg . Der Hof erstreckte sich, seit 1485 mit dem Schmidthof vereinigt, bis zur Schnurgasse. Seit 1905 führte die Toreinfahrt auf den Braubachstrassendurchbruch, der die Hauptgebäude des Hofes zerstört hat.

Nuernberger Hof gatehouse

Nuernberger Hof gatehouse

Gate into the Nuernberg Court
Toreinfahrt zum Nürnberger Hof
1910

Gate by Madern Gaertner
Torweg des Nuernberger Hofes von Madern Gertener

Medieval Fair Stall
Old fair stall in the Nuernberg Court
Alter Messeladen im Nürnberger Hof
1905

The North entrance to the Nuernberg Court on the Schnurgasse.  This ensemble withstood the bombings of 1944 nearly unscathed.  The buildings were razed in 1953 for the construction of the Berliner Strasse, which obliterated the Schnurgasse.
Der Nordeingang des Nürnberger Hofes in der Schnurgasse.  Dieses Ensemble überstand die Bombenangriffe des Jahres 1944 nahezu unbeschädigt und wurde beim Bau der Berliner Straße (1953), dem die Schnurgasse zum Opfer fiel, beseitigt.

Nuernberger Hof, North Entrance from the Schnurgasse 0

Nuernberger Hof, North Entrance from the Schnurgasse
1949

Altstadt (Center of the Old City)
In this section:

Braubachstrasse          Dom (The Cathedral)

 Dom Nord (Vicinity North of the Cathedral)
  Domplatz    Domstrasse   Kruggasse  

Dom Ost (Vicinity East of the Cathedral)
Fahrgasse    Garküchenplatz    Kanngiessergasse    Klostergasse     Predigerstrasse    ArnsburgerHof

 Dom Süd (Vicinity South of the Cathedral)
Fischergasse    Main    An der Schmidtstube    Weckmarkt    Roseneck

Dom West (Between Cathedral and Roemer)
Alter Markt     Bendergasse    Fünffingerplätzchen    Goldhutgasse    Höllgasse    Krautmarkt    Hinter dem Lämmchen     Lange Shirn    Nikolaikirche   Nürnberger Hof    Paulskirche   Rapunzelgasse    Römer    Römerberg    Saalgasse    Saalhof    Tuchgaden    Wurstmarkt (Hühnermarkt)

(West of the Roemer)
Alte Mainzergasse    Bethmannstrasse    Karmelitenkloster    Münzgasse

Main (Along the River)
"Birds-Eye Views"