The Golden Book of Frankfurt am Main

AltFrankfurt.com
    

Search
Suche

Home

Site Map

 

Dom
Cathedral

Römer
Town Hall

Römerberg

Altstadt
Old City

Altstadt 2
Old City

Altstadt 3
Old City

Der Main
The River

Stadtteile
City Districts

 

Kirchen
Churches

Stadttürme
City Towers

 

 Goethehaus
Goethe's House

Kaiserkrönung
Coronation

Im Wandel der Zeiten 
Through the Ages

Das Goldene Buch
The Golden Book

 

Zeppelin!

Bahn
Rail

 

The Ruins of War
Kriegsruinen

 

Verschiedenes
Miscellaneous

 Stimmung
Music

Weihnachten
Christmas

Old Pages

Email
NorbiEtOrbi
Steve

 

Visitors/Besucher

Hit Counter

Frankfurt am Main
Der Kaiserdom
The Emperor's Cathedral

Views of the Old City of Frankfurt am Main before the Wars
Ansichten der Altstadt von Frankfurt am Main.

Views/Ansichten    Inside the Emperor's Cathedral/Im Innern des Kaiserdoms    Art Treasures/Kunstschätze 
The Tower/Der Turm    Portals/Portale     History of the Cathedral/Geschichte des Domes
Artists'Views/Aus der Sicht der Künstler

Views of the Cathedral from the North
Ansichten des Domes von Norden

  0

Dom von der Domgasse

frank-domplatz.jpg (58335 bytes)

Cathedral seen from Cathedral Lane
Dom von der Domgasse

Cathedral Square
Domplatz

 

Cloister / Kreuzgang:

0
Kreuzgang, ca 1860

The Cloister was built on the north side of the cathedral during the 14th and 15th Centuries, and extended to the western edge of the cathedral tower.  This picture from about 1860 shows the west portion that was brought down during the restoration of the cathedral under Denzinger after the fire of 1867.  This was done to expose the base of the cathedral tower.  To complete the clearing of the area around the tower, the houses you still see standing at junction of the Hoellgasse and the Old Market were also razed.  The figure of St Bartholomew (from about 1435), a major work of medieval sculpture in Frankfurt, was copied and placed on the remaining eastern portion of the cloister, and the original was moved to the historic museum.

Der Kreuzgang wurde im 14. und 15. Jahrhundert an die Nordseite des Doms angebaut und erstreckte sich bis in die westliche Flucht des Domturms. Die Abbildung zeigt den westlichen Teil, der durch die Restauration Denzingers nach dem Brand von 1867 entfernt wurde, um den Turm freizulegen. Bei der weiteren Freilegung wurden auch die hier noch stehenden Häuser der Hölllgasse und des alten Marktes niedergelegt. Die schöne Figur des Bartholomäus, ein Hauptwerk der mittelalterlichen Plastik Frankfurts (um 1435), ist in Kopie an den erhaltenen östlichen Teil des Kreuzganges versetzt; das Original wird im Historischen Museum bewahrt.

 

 

Views of the Cathedral from every angle
Ansichten des Doms aus jeglicher Richtung

from the Air/aus der Luft
From the West/von Westen
From the East/von Osten
From the North/von Norden
From the South/von Süden
Views of the Altstadt from the Cathedral Tower/Ansichten der Altstadt vom Domturm

Frankfurt am Main
Der Kaiserdom
The Emperor's Cathedral

Intro

Views
Views of the Cathedral from every angle

Ansichten
Ansichten des Doms aus jeglicher Richtung

Inside the Kaiserdom
Choir, Nave and Transepts, Elector's Chapel

Im Innern des Kaiserdoms
Chor, Schiffe, Wahlkapelle

Art Treasures

Kunstschätze

The Tower

Der Turm

Portals

Portale

History of the Cathedral

Geschichte des Domes

Floor Plan of the Cathedral

Plan

Artists' Views

Aus der Sicht der Künstler